Blu Age Database Modernisation
Hide the picture/Show the picture
The modernization of databases and data is the main concern of decision makers.
“Blu Age Database and Data Modernization” automates the migration of databases and data allowing their standardization.
The automatic data migration is even more crucial that they are often the basis for critical applications.
"Blu Age Database and Data Modernization" allows to:
- modernize hierarchical databases and database files in relational and standardized bases,
- standardize and strengthen the integrity of your relational databases,
- merge multiple databases into a single data warehouse,
- migrate the format of your data storage (passing UTF8 for example),
- replace your relational databases by open source equivalents or other models with more functionalities (PostgreSQL GIS location for example).
“Blu Age Database and Data Modernization” can be used independently by your database administrators and software developers. In order to modernize jointly application code and database, this tool also fits into Blu Age Modernization.
Tool for modernizing databases, “Blu Age Database and Data Modernization” automates the tasks associated with technology migrations and applications developments:
- technology migrations of database
- data migration and loading towards new database instances
- audit and standardization of your data schemas
- functional enhancements of your data patterns and automatic realignment of existing data
- data control and adjustment of your SQL queries
“Blu Age Database and Data Modernization” automates and simplifies all modification and modernization of your databases:
- Technological Modernization
- Hierarchical base towards relational database,
- Indexed files towards relational database,
- Migration of your own relational databases (Oracle, DB2 ...) to open source relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL ...)
- Merge of different databases into a single warehouse for business intelligence and master data management,
- Migration towards relational databases with specific functionalities (RAM base type Derby or HSQLDB, with functions of GIS integrated geolocation as PostgreSQL, relational database, XML ...).
- Migrate your data
- Generation of new schemes,
- Conversion of data formats,
- Generation of data migration scripts.
- ETL Integration
- ETL generation,
- Automation of the deployment in the ETL,
- Execution control of the migration scripts (performance, error control).
- Enhancements management
- Merge of the different databases,
- Functional enhancement of the schemes and data migration,
- Strengthening of the referential integrity of your data,
- Value control for the data from standardized database,
- Integrated environment in Eclipse with SQL query editor with auto completion.
- Database Audit
- Audit of compliance with the normal forms,
- Identification of individual violations,
- Proposal for correction to automated renormalization.
- Automated Re-handlings
- Full life cycle:
- Identification of target alterations,
- Marking for processing,
- Validation of targets,
- Automatic transformations.
- Rules for pre-existing normal forms,
- Possibility to create its own rules with the integrated editor:
- Rule of detecting candidate to be modified,
- Validation or exclusion of candidate,
- Automation of modification.
- Java APIs and rule editor with auto completion and syntax highlighting.
- Hierarchical databases,
- Database files,
- Relational databases,
- Specific technologies (eg: PACBASE IBM).
The modernization process works as follows:
- Choice of the connector for the databases and the connection identifiers,
- Base Legacy,
- New database.
- Importing the scheme and database that need modernizing,
- Creating a new database scheme,
- Automatic conversion of types and data formats for the targeted databases,
- Analysis of the level of normalization of the database and the creation of associated reports,
- Using rehandling and modernization rules:
- Choosing rules for the analysis and identifying of targets,
- Potential extensions of the rules (adding, modifying).
- Validating the list of suggested targets:
- Adding and excluding,
- Variation of the case by case transformation.
- Generating modernization and rehandling scripts:
- For the scheme structure,
- For the data transfer.
- Integrating scripts and parametrization into the ETL tool,
- Executing scripts and parametrization:
- Transforming the base and the data,
- Supervising the execution of the transfer :
- Detecting the exceptions (incoherent data, remaining adaptation needs),
- Processing performance.
- Integrated SQL query environment for the control and use of transferred data.