Modernization as a Service
The service built around Blu Age Application Modernization supports the entire process of modernization: blue print, online dimensioning, Proof Of Concept (POC) to the modernization of the whole application.
Blu Age significantly reduces the cost of line of code modernization and minimizes the use of internal resources.
- Cost of a modernized line
- From 0.14US$ to 0.65US$
- Up to 4000 lines per day per user
- 1 to 2 million lines of code modernized by half-year (5 people per team)
- No runtime: no dependency on Blu Age
- The modernized application is built on the JEE and / or. NET architecture of your choice without priority runtime or dependence on Blu Age.
- Target Architectures
- Web, RIA, Cloud, Mobile
Enjoy the benefits and features of Blu Age Modernization through a well-proven services offer that capitalizes on the expertise gained over many projects of modernization.
Minimize your staff request by entrusting us with your project, from the preliminary stages of prototyping and financial assessment until the realization of modernization.
Modernization process with Blu Age step by step
(For a Cobol application)
- 1 Blue Print
- Duration 48 hours
From an extraction of call trees and diagrams of collaboration based on a sample of the programs of your PACBASE or Cobol application, we provide you quickly with a blue print or example of retro specification done by Blu Age: you check gains of productivity above all setting related to your application.
- 2 Online dimensioning
- Duration 48 hours - Free
An application of sizing is available online at the following address:
In a few minutes only you specify the information that will allow us to estimate budgets and deadlines. A package proposal can be performed at the next stage of proof of concept (or prototyping in real conditions).
- 3 Proof of Concept (prototyping in real conditions)
- Duration: 3 weeks - Rates from 15,000€
The Proof Of Concept (POC) is to modernize a representative sample of your application - often a transaction that segues into several screens with one additional batch - in time and resource voluntarily constrained. The amount of code is between 15 000 and 30 000 lines of code. The POC is conducted as a modernization project and its deliverables are identical:
The prerequisites of POC are:
- Source code of the modernized sample
- Quality analysis of the modernized code
- UML2 Model extracted from the legacy application and used to produce the new application by automatic compiling
- Detailed functional specifications of the modernized sample
- Iso functionality and ergonomics testing based on the test cases provided
- Debriefing meeting
- Measure of the productivity (in thousands of lines of code per day per user) and estimate of the project budget (all costs included: project management, licensing Blu Age, documentation, code and database modernization, data migration, functional acceptance and integration)
- A demonstration of the use cases used in the acceptance testings,
- The source code (COBOL) or an extraction of the repository (PACBASE),
- A dump of the given base with the required data for testing.
- 4 Modernization of the entire application
- Duration and budget defined in the proof of concept phase
The modernization project is charged at a flat rate on the base of the metrics observed during the POC (see step 3).
To simplify the testing works and get the impacts of the change under control to users, we recommend to initially deliver the modernized application to the iso functionality and behavior of the legacy. However, functional enhancements of the modernized application are also possible.
The deliverables are:
- Source code of the modernized application
- Packaged and compiled code of the modernized application
- Quality analysis of the modernized code
- UML2 model extracted from the legacy application and used to produce the new application by automatic compiling
- Detailed functional specifications of the modernized application
- Iso functionality and ergonomics testing based on the provided test cases
- Technical and functional testing
- Integration testing
- Deployment in preproduction
- Installation guide of the generated application